sexta-feira, dezembro 03, 2004

Funniest Thing Ever

I happened to be sitting down to my left-over risotto and caught a brief part of Ten's thoughtful airing of the American Music Awards. You'll get some idea of how top notch the entire production was by considering what I found to be the funniest part: William Shatner proclaiming that "You can't rush genius" after his second album was an entiere thirty-seven years in production. Isn't he just so right?

Another notable performance came from Jessica Simpson who seemed to be quite enjoying some self-inflicted foreplay. Usher bestowed his thanks on his very own lord and savior, Jesus Christ (his words, not mine)... perhaps he was thanking the big man for not having yet struck him down for song titles like "I'll Make It Right, Can U Get Wit It?" and lyrics such as "Watchin' you work the stick in the ride , the motion how you move from 3rd to 5. And imagine what it's gon' be once we get inside.". Of course he has, in the past, provided us with many other equally frightening examples both of gramatical butchery and of moral contradiction, but they are a little too unsavory for this early timeslot.

Alicia Keys was surprisingly well-dressed and equally well-spoken, thanking more prominent sounding people than I care to remember. Of course, she also thanked God. I think it's good manners, or something.

I don't even think I can be bothered making some statement about the irony of all of this - a statement which someone else has no doubt made before about all of the same things. It certainly does strike me as funny, though. After all, you have to have a sense of humor about these things or they're more than likely to just plain get you down. I would probably be far less sceptical about the whole affair if ICP were up there thanking their respective Mums and Dads (Moms and Pops, whatever) for bringing them up right. At least they are a tiny bit honest about what they do in private.

The Pudding has lost her marbles, yet again. She's the other funniest thing ever, running up and down the house, following me around. Right now though, she seems to have tired herself out and is content enough to lie on the floor behind my chair (right behind) and enjoy the Kruder and Dorfmeister which is playing. She has quite taken to joining me on a short stroll out to the letterbox every evening when I get home from work. I live in a group of units, so my letterbox is one of eight in a brick construction just high enough for her to stand on and meet me at head-height. Upon half-leaping from my arms to the top of the letterboxes, she'll seem to take great pleasure in muhing and mah-mahing at me while I check the letters. Funny cat.

What about the future? I may just have seen it.
easure in muhing and mah-mahing at me while I check the letters. Funny cat.

What about the future? I may just have seen it.